Tuesday, August 9, 2011

18. Now what?

"Life gets better once you turn 18. You have more freedom, you're smarter, and you can do whatever you want! It's so much fun!"

I just turned 18 last month. I find that, once you become an adult, life gets harder.
You don't believe me? Here.
College.
Where do you want to go? What do you want to do? For those of you who have had your life planned out all your life, good for you. For the rest of you, you know how I feel. It's hard to pick.. Like I've FINALLY come up with an idea or two of what I want to do and take.. Now I just have to decide where.
I have two choices right now: Go to option A, and be with friends (and jerks who I would really like to avoid.) and feel more at home and be closer to home, or go to option B, and not be with friends and be further from home, but start fresh and start a new life.
*Sigh* decisions, decisions...
Another one.
Relationships.
Ya know how when we were young and foolish, and would have bubbly hearts and crushes, and get our friends to tell them cause we were too scared to and such? Well, now how do we act? Do we just be straight forward and say 'I like you.', and go from there? Or do we still be old-fashioned and just wait and see if he'll come to you and tell you what you so badly want to hear him say? Blah it's hard! I miss the days of being little and not having to worry about stupid stuff like this! It's frustrating business!

Also, what does one do if one has feeling for someone.. but you think they might have different beliefs then you.
I know the answer, but it's hard.. When you think you've found someone who has stolen your heart, and yet they have no idea! And it's impossible to read the opposite sex now a days, so you find it impossible to tell if that person likes you or not, and you're almost tempted to just be straight forward, and just tell them how you feel!
Or maybe I'm just being childish again.
Ugh.
I need sleep.
And help.
And prayer.

It's hard.
But hopefully
It'll all be worth it.
Someday.

2 comments:

Dara said...

you should fill me in on these options A and B... just sayin? [:

just keep hanging in there, love. trust God. pray. and life does get better after 18. it reallyy does. just give it a little time. [:

<3 you.

Melissa_Anne said...

Hey Kathryn, it's been a while! If you ever have questions that you want to ask someone older, I'm always around. I survived the choices and the relationships and finally made it to the married stage, so I understand! I've been there, and I might be able to give you some advice if you want it :) Let me know. :) Chat soon k?

Melissa (Kurenoff) Stevens